Monday, January 25, 2010

The Most Holy Name of Jesus

This is a prayer I wrote as a prayer of praise of the Holy Name of Jesus in reparation for the countless times daily that this name is misused and blasphemed in our society - particularly here in my native Ireland.

Lord Jesus, Your Sacred Name is above all other names and by no other name can we be saved. At the sound of Your Holy Name all the Cherubim and Seraphim bow down in awesome wonder. At the sound of Your Holy Name all the Saints of Heaven rejoice and lift their hearts and minds to God the Father in glory and praise of You, His only Son. At the Sound of Your Holy Name, the Blessed Ever-Virgin Mary, Your Mother and ours, humbly prostrates Herself before Your Throne in thanksgiving for the great things You have done for Her and in supplication for us, Her children.

Alas, here below Your Holy Name is too often blasphemed and misused. Even among Your followers; those who should know better, Your Name, O’ Jesus is too often uttered coldly or as though it were a blasphemous byword. And so I resolve to speak Your Holy Name often in love, each day growing in love for it, if Your Grace should allow me to. I desire to love Your Name, O’ Jesus, with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my might; and if by so doing I can offer some reparation for the countless blasphemies and offences against that Holy Name then I wish to glorify Your Name with every breath and every heartbeat, even unto my last.

Merciful Father, I ask you to send Your Holy Spirit upon all who misuse the Holy Name of Jesus, Your Son; that they may come to reverence that Most Blessed of Names. May that same Spirit purify all our hearts and lips, enabling us to love, praise and exalt the Holy Name of Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. May He enable all Your children to know the great power of the Name of Jesus, so that we may declare with our lips and confess with our lives, to the Glory of Your Name, that Jesus Christ is Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment