Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Suffering Servant

I adore you profoundly, Lord Jesus,
truly present in the Blessed Sacrament.
I adore you profoundly, Lord Jesus,
truly present in all the tabernacles of the world.

I adore your Most Holy Body, Lord,
which perspired tears of your most Precious Blood for me.
I adore your Divine desire to follow the Father’s will
and I adore your divine courage to follow this through.

Oh Divine and Merciful Master who,
out of love for sinful mankind,
underwent the most bitter and tormenting trial;
agonising in the Garden of Gethsemane.
I adore your Most Gentle and Sacred Heart
which was flooded with an unbearable sadness
when you did yourself exclaim:
“My soul is sorrowful even unto death!”

May you be always and everywhere
praised and blessed, Lord Jesus,
because of the great love and mercy you have shown us.
I adore you, my Jesus, now and forever.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment